Tuesday, June 29, 2010

June 29: Lazy

Why is it so difficult to keep my room clean? Every time I move into a new place I tell myself that things will be different. I won't leave dishes in the sink. I'll throw away empty Gatorade bottles. When I do a load of laundry, I'll fold the clothes and put them away immediately. Etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.

Flash forward eight months from signing my latest lease and here I sit in a cluttered apartment. I have a pile of clean clothes that are always in my way. When I want to watch TV, I have to move them off of the couch and when I want to go to bed, I have to throw them back to their original resting place. Why don't I just fold them and put them away? Why am I so lazy?

I have dishes in the sink with water in them. The funny thing is that I have a dishwasher. Why is it so difficult to rinse a dish and put it in the washer? Oh, that's right! Because the dishwasher is full of clean dishes that I haven't put away yet.

I have papers on my coffee table, dining room table, desk and floor. I even have papers on top of my dresser and more on my kitchen counter. Are they important papers? No. They're weekly grocery ads, Clear high-speed internet offers, Netflix free trials, and other various forms of junk mail that I'm too lazy to take out to the trash.

I've only dusted my room once since I moved in and vacuumed maybe five times. I have so little to do on a daily basis, but I can't muster up the small amount of energy it takes to tidy the place up. I don't even do anything when I'm here. I sit and read baseball rumors all day. That's it. I'm not even looking for a job or doing anything productive at all. Why am I so lazy?

Speaking of lazy, I don't even want to bother with coming up with a decent ending to this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment