Friday, January 1, 2010

January 1

I go to the movies pretty often. I guess I'm what you would call, a "movie buff." I subscribe to Entertainment Weekly and look forward to reading the reviews of the recently released films each week.

I've witnessed a lot of strange and unusual things throughout the years in the theatres, but today's event is up there with the best.

It was during a showing of Avatar. I went by myself and sat two seats to the left of the center-most guest in the auditorium. About a half an hour into the film, a heavyset man sat one seat to my left. (This means there was one seat in between us.)

Throughout the two and a half hour movie, the man to my left started slouching more and more towards my direction. With about a half hour left of the movie, I shifted my weight and felt something against my left thigh. I assumed it was the pen in my pocket that I always carry so I reached down into the dark to adjust it. What I felt when I grabbed the object was far softer and colder than a pen against my body. I squeezed it and tried to pick it up but it wouldn't come. When I looked down, a human hand had found it's way across a seat and under an armrest.

Startled and embarrassed I released my grip and pulled back my arm in haste. As I started to laugh uncontrollably to myself, I looked over at the man stretched out across the row to find that he was oblivious to the fact due to his mid-movie nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment