Sunday, January 24, 2010

January 24

Let me set the record straight. Not all of my posts are true or factually correct. In the middle of December 2009, I was taking a shower when I came up with the idea to make one blog entry every day for an entire year. That was it. There wasn't anything else to it than that. I knew I wanted to improve my writing and I thought this was the best way to do so. I didn't want to just post anything every day, either. I didn't want this project to turn into a place where I could just go to for five seconds and post a link to a website I saw on that particular day.

I have had a lot of people coming up to me or making comments about my posts not being true. When I write a piece that is supposed to be fake, I do my best to make it as ridiculous as possible to eliminate any doubt for the reader. The senator from Iowa Googling me? Come on, people! Do you really think that happened? Even if, for some strange reason, it did happen, why would he look my name up another 39 times? When I include something like that in a post, don't you think it stands to reason that the post isn't true? Most of my posts are, in fact, true to life. My post last night, for example, was entirely true. My complaints about handshakes was a legitimate one as well.

There is a very thin line between a blog and a journal. A lot of things in my life are private and I don't want to share them so I do, on an occasion, have to get creative to get a post published. I suppose if I didn't want to share anything at all, I would have just kept a personal journal, but there are a few topics that I think are worthy of sharing.

I get really excited every time someone new leaves a comment or approaches me about what he or she read because it means I'm not wasting my time with this New Year's Resolution, but try to comprehend what you're reading. Try to put the pieces together and use your common sense. With that being said, I hope I didn't offend anyone or lose any readers. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment