Tuesday, March 9, 2010

March 9: You're Welcome

I do a lot for people on a daily basis. I am constantly thinking of others. The only time I ever think about myself is when I visualize doing good deeds for others. There are a lot of selfish people that are in it for themselves and no one else. I'm the opposite.

I wake up each morning with one goal in mind: To improve the lives of as many people as possible. What will it take? A kind word of inspiration? An anecdote to cheer someone up? How many people can I grace with my smile today?

I serve hot food to hungry people. I make babies smile. I buy products to keep companies running. I listen to radio programs and watch TV shows to improve ratings. When most people sit through one movie at the local multiplex, I sit through five! I support the efforts of five times the amount of workers than the average movie-goer! I make mirrors look good and writers sound even better! Every employee at every job longs to annoy his or her supervisor. I do that every day!

You know, it would be nice if, just once, someone would acknowledge my lack of egotistical thoughts. To have a fellow citizen approach and inform me that all of my deeds have not gone unnoticed would be a nice reminder of what a great guy I am. Is that too much to ask for? I don't expect anything, although a little love would be appreciated once in a while. Shower me with gifts and candy. I deserve it. I am more entitled to these objects of affection than any other person alive.

You may not have listened, but Little Caesar's did! $4.32 for a large Hot & Ready pepperoni pizza today only. And for me, the customer, only! Today, I was finally recognized for all of my hard work. Today I felt like a king. Today...was Customer Appreciation Day.



Listening to a Classic Rock mix.

1 comment: