Wednesday, March 24, 2010

March 24: Wait...You Read My Blog?!

In the early part of the year, I was at a bar with a bunch of people that I work with and some of those people had brought friends of their own. We were all sitting around casually visiting with one another when from out of nowhere, one of the "friends-of-friends" mentioned my blog.

Because it was still really early in the year (I want to say January 10th or 11th) I had just started my resolution of one post per day, but she had mentioned one of my random posts from September. Either way, I was absolutely stoked beyond belief that someone that I wasn't friends with on Facebook was reading my blog.

I have no idea if she still reads my posts because I rarely see her, but the mere fact that she mentioned it made my night. I copy and paste a link to each day's post on my Facebook, but other than that, I don't go around self-promoting my blog. I hardly even talk about it so it made me feel extra good that one of my readers was actually telling her friends to read.

Since that night, people have mentioned it to me and I'm always surprised that people are still following. I don't know if it's because I'm too hard on myself and I don't think half of my entries are interesting or what, but it's a nice feeling to know that my writing isn't going unnoticed. Every time someone new comments about a recent post, it inspires me to keep going. As the year progresses, I'm going to need all of the support and inspiration I can get. Thank you, everyone and continue to spread the word!

4 comments:

  1. I like to come on and make comments so that you continue to be too hard on yourself and think your posts are not interesting.


    In actuality I enjoy reading a couple of them a week. Keep it up.

    P.S. Not to ruin my theme of comments. This post was the worst. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate you, Jake Lunemann and I wish Joe Mauer never signed that contract.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep up the good work Roesler!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every time I see your post, I think "I should do that ... I really need to get writing again before I lose my awe-inspiring, Pulitzer-prize winning talent." Well, maybe not the last part so much but you do inspire me and if you keep this up, you might get me inspired enough to actually do what I say I'm going to do ...

    ReplyDelete