Friday, March 19, 2010

March 19: Are There Seconds?

Ok! Now we're talking! Donna Simpson is a 42-year-old, 600 pound mother from New Jersey. She holds the Guinness World Record for fattest mom, and it's Simpson's goal to gain the distinctive honor of being recognized as the fattest woman in the world. Let me repeat that. It's Simpson's goal to be recognized as the fattest woman in the world!

In a perfect world, Donna would weigh 1,000 pounds and wouldn't have to move at all. Happiness comes in many different forms for different people. For example, I'm happiest when I'm watching Survivor and Seinfeld, but Donna is happiest when she's eating.

She even runs a website where people can watch her stuff her face via webcam. (I would post the link, but I can't find the website.) She says, "I love eating and people love watching me eat." She also adds that the support from her fans has been fantastic. Some of them send her protein shakes and junk food in the mail to help her pack on the pounds faster.

Is this a selfish outlook on life or an extremely optimistic one? She says she isn't hurting anyone and she's happiest when she's eating, but she does have kids. She's not hurting anyone now, but what happens when she dies in a few years leaving her kids without a mother? On the other hand, I think it's great that she isn't afraid of doing what she really wants. She needs a mobility scooter to get around and she still doesn't care what people think of her. Is this her attempt at her fifteen minutes of fame? Probably, but at least she's happy, right?



Listening to The Fratellis.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe this! I find this wrong on so many levels, I could write enough to fill a new blog entry about it. What a crazy.

    P.S. Interesting topic! Keep 'em coming.

    ReplyDelete