Sunday, May 9, 2010

May 9: Controversy

I've considered writing about this topic before, but had always thought it was too controversial. I know that I'm going to piss a lot of people off with this post, but I can't not write about it any longer. The thing is, I have such a strong opinion on it that it's literally eating away my insides because I haven't expressed myself.

What I want to write about today is how important a good introduction to a blog is; especially if your primary means of advertisement is Facebook. Now granted, it's late and my introduction here probably isn't as good as it could have been if I had a decent night's rest, but you get my gist. This post is just to see if I could get Facebook readers to click my link based solely on my introduction.

Every day when I write an entry, I copy and paste the URL to my Facebook so all of my friends can click the link and read the entire article. Facebook usually allows just the first few sentences to be displayed in the NewsFeed and I've always wondered how well my introductions reel in my readers based on those few lines.

There isn't any more to this post. If you're reading this from Facebook, I hope I tricked you. If you're just a random reader and this was the post you had to read for the day, I apologize.

1 comment:

  1. you tricked me and i'm bummed, cause i don't have a lot of time to spare.

    ReplyDelete