Friday, May 28, 2010

May 28: Help Wanted

Are you bold and forward? Do you enjoy putting others' needs before your own? Then you might be who I'm looking for. I need someone to order my meals for me.

There isn't anything wrong with my voice and it's not like I can't read the menu, but I simply refuse to talk to waiters. I can't even make eye contact with them, but I love going out to eat. This is where you would come in.

I will tell you what I want and you tell the waiter. When he asks a specific question about my order, you need to be able to ask me the same question and then relay my response back to him. Am I deaf? No. I heard him ask what kind of sauce I wanted, but this is what I'm paying you for.

When he asks how everything tastes once the food has been served, you will answer for both of us and I will stare at my plate and refuse to acknowledge his presence. We will repeat this step when offered dessert. I will pay the tab, but you need to be able to give the server my credit card and act as if it's your card.

If you believe you would be a qualified candidate for this position, please send me a copy of your resume and a list of references. I will then have someone call you and arrange for an interview. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment