Saturday, May 22, 2010

May 22: Wasted Idea

I have a great idea for a blog topic. I could really do some creative writing on this one particular subject. I could come up with a bizarre story to incorporate the theme or I could just write my honest feelings on it. No matter how I put it, it's sure to be comic gold. I've had good ideas in the past that have created quite a stir amongst my readers. I've had what I thought were good ideas only to watch them fizzle and not get recognized as I thought they should have. This subject, however, is sure to get some attention. I'm positive it would achieve a few thumbs-up likes on Facebook other than my own. The only problem, is that I know at least one person that would be terribly offended if she were to read it.

When I first started this goal of one post every day for a year, I had every intention of writing whatever was on my mind. It would be an unrated version of what Brandon was thinking. My thinking was that if you didn't like what I had to write, too bad. No one was forcing you to read it. They were my thoughts. My opinions. It was my blog and I was going to take advantage of that whole freedom of speech thing. Trouble is, I'm too nice.

I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. I don't want someone to view me as a bad and malicious human being. I don't do well with confrontation because of this and I rarely give an honest opinion for fear of upsetting someone within listening distance.

I've had a few opinionated posts so far this year. In fact, my mom was quick to point out how she interpreted my feelings toward a certain sect of people from yesterday's entry. I've written about bumper stickers and snaggle teeth and I've felt guilty after both of those topics.

Although I have a great topic to write about, you'll never get the pleasure of finding out what it is because of this concern. The person that I'm afraid it will offend the most probably doesn't even read this blog, but on the off chance that she does, I would hate for her to take the topic personally (even though that would be my furthest intention).

No comments:

Post a Comment