Sunday, February 28, 2010

February 28: Two Months Down

February 28. Two months down and only ten to go. One post every day for one year. Period. I have to say, it was kind of cool looking over the past two months of posts. If this little project lasts (which I doubt it will), it should be very interesting to see what other things I will have come up with.

For tonight's post, I decided to come up with a list of five of my favorites. You can call this entry cheating or a wash, but give me a break. I have to come up with 365 original ideas to write about. If you don't like it, wait until tomorrow.

#5 January 8 - This was a pretty straightforward post. There really wasn't anything too exciting about it and if it was posted any later in the year, it probably wouldn't have made the list. I included it because I felt it was the first time that I found a writer's voice that I liked. I feel like my better posts include a dry and sarcastic tone and those elements first surfaced in this entry.

#4 February 17 - The Stacker of Molcajetes was a post that I was, and still am, extremely proud of. I feel like anyone can do what I do for a living and to blatantly make fun of it was really enjoyable.

#3 February 26 - I wrote this just two days ago and it still makes me smile. Bathroom graffiti is hilarious and I'm really proud of myself for creating a story based around it. While writing this one, I realized how much fun (and dangerous) writing in the first person can be.

#2 January 13 - This could have easily been number one, but I ultimately decided that it didn't have the character build-up that the post below had. Just like the January 8th entry, this was somewhat of a groundbreaking post. I discovered how much fun letting my creativity take over could be and if it weren't for that, then I would have never come up with my number one.

#1 February 18 - I was driving home from work one day and saw a piñata in the front yard of a house and the rest was history. I knew immediately that I wanted to write about what it was like to live as a piñata and get the sh*t beaten out of you by a bunch of five-year-olds. The post is one of my longer ones which I know turns people away, but it remains my favorite one of 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment