Wednesday, February 24, 2010

February 24: Relocated


I have been relocated. I've been uprooted and planted into a new environment. I am not as whole as I once was, yet I am more of a presence now than I ever have been.

I lie on my back in my new landscape. This foreign land is plain and barren. The world is spread across my peripheral. Nothing is behind me, yet I am terrified of its growling presence. I am wedged between two cream-colored, smooth surfaces. What is this place? Where am I?

My days are short and sporadic. They are blinding bursts of light that are commonly accompanied by a hot, damp, nauseating stench that makes its way from the nothingness behind me. Rarely does the air flow in reverse, but when it does, it's cool and comforting. My rain comes in total downpours and ends instantaneously. Debris is forced upon me with gargantuan metallic objects and then disappears behind me as the sharp tools retract in the oncoming night.

My nights are pitch black. A curtain of solid extinction of light is followed by the wet and heavy monster that sweeps across the land. It moves rapidly in search for something lost. I can hear its thick body lapping the crevices and canyons in the distance. With a slurping and sliding, it moves across me. Its surface is smooth like the land, but wet and soft like nothing I've ever felt. I immediately feel a suction so strong and intense that I'm sure I lose color. I don't know why, but I hold on to my new location with all of my might. I don't want to leave this strange new place. Finally, the beast lets me be and disappears. Daytime.

The growling emptiness behind me breathes hot air into the world with a loud, deep roar. The daylight is exceptionally bright and lasts longer than I remember it lasting yesterday. Suddenly, a giant figure appears and stares into my world. It is pleasant looking. From a peaceful, round-shaped and smooth surface of contours and unique shapes, two blue circles framed in white look down on me. A dark void beneath the two blue circles parts its red borders and calmly responds with some unknown form of communication. Nighttime.

The slimy beast returns and sucks more life out of me, but I hold strong. The monster gives up just in time for morning. Instead of the familiar metallic objects, I am greeted with a long, wooden spike. It jabs from the sky at the smooth surfaces on either side of me. It stabs it's pointed end just below me before retracting and piercing my green, wilted skin. I am helpless against the power and strength of its violent movement. My body is ripped from my crevice and is forced to slide along its length. As I lose all feeling and life, I am pulled toward the light and away from the hot stench from below.

I have been relocated.

4 comments:

  1. Your posts are getting less and less interesting. It is a long time until December...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee, thanks. Who are these punks that are forcing you to read this lousy blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy these "What/Who am I?" posts, but the pictures give it away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Btw I normally love the blog. It was just a 2-3 day span that I thought was lacking. Keep 'em comin'!

    ReplyDelete