Wednesday, April 14, 2010

April 14: Easy Money

I need to get a job. Bills are piling up. Mom and Dad won't let me live at home anymore. The GF is buggin' me for jewelery. I have to get me one of those PS3s. MLB 2010: The Show?! Sign me up! The guys want to go on an epic trip this summer. Car payments and insurance. Girlfriend. Rent. Fun. I need to get a job.

I nailed that interview. Some Mexican restaurant. I've done fine dining, so anything is cake in comparison! Both of those managers loved me. I was so money in that interview. When can I start? Tomorrow!

First day of server training. Blah blah blah. Boring. It's the same nonsense. "Offer the guest drinks, get drinks, take order, deliver order, deliver check." Boom! Done. Next. Nice to know where things are located, but I'm ready for tables of my own. I'm already sick of making money for this "trainer."

First day of expo training. Blah blah blah. More boring. Knowing the table numbers will be helpful. This isn't a wasted shift, but I need to start making money. I can't do this much longer. I'm running out. The GF wants to go to the movies this weekend. Rent is coming up!

Two weeks later. Finally! Was that the longest training for such a simple job or what?! I'm broke! I need this money so badly! I'm in debt from getting my sick PS3. I owe the GF over a hundred bucks! I owe my parents money for paying last month's rent. I am absolutely broke!

What?! I'm scheduled in the closing room? I'm never going to get out of here! There goes my entire night! Unless...Hey! I'll give you $20 to stay and close for me. Really? Sweet. Thanks, man you're the best. What do I have to do for your section? What? Just five bucks more and you'll do it all? Nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment