Friday, October 29, 2010

October 29: February 6

I don't know anything about astrology. I don't know what sign works best with mine. I know that I should have sex with one, but my marriage would be more successful if I married another; I don't know which ones to do those things with though. I don't know what my sign says about me and I don't know if I fit the profile. I follow a different set of principles: I look at the celebrities I share my birthday with and form my opinions of myself off those people. Today, I will share those discoveries with you.

Ugo Foscolo (1778) - Foscolo was an Italian writer and poet. One might argue that I'm somewhat of a writer myself. After all, today is my 302nd post of 2010. On top of that, I love spaghetti and lasagna. This makes sense!

Mary Rudge (1842) and Wilhelm Cohn (1859) - This is starting to get a bit creepy. Rudge was English and I speak English! I even took an advanced placement English class in high school. Cohn was German and guess what my main ethnicity is. German! My grandfather translated it for the Americans in World War Two! Rudge and Cohn also happen to be chess masters. I suck at the game, but I own a board.

George Herman Ruth (1895) - "Babe" Ruth was an American baseball player and is arguably the best player in the game's history. I am obsessed with the sport. I love (attempting) playing it, watching it, and talking about it. I recently quit my job so I could watch the team I root for in the playoffs; and they didn't even make it!

Ronald Reagan (1911) - The Great Communicator and 40th President of the United States. Reagan was also a popular actor. I was an active member in my high school's drama club and I won "Most Likely to Win an Oscar" as my senior standout. I don't get too involved with politics, but my major in college happened to be Communications. Weird, huh?

Zsa Zsa Gabor (1917) - I just like saying her name. Zsa Zsa.

Tom Brokaw (1940) - Brokaw has a great voice. I have a great voice! People tell me all the time that I have a face for radio and that could only mean that I have a voice for radio too, right? I love pretending I'm the voice over for movie trailers and commercials.

Bob Marley (1945) - Pot-smoking Jamaican and Rastafari lover? Not me, but it's still cool to say I share a birthday with the lead singer of the Wailers.

Axl Rose (1962) - The lead singer of Guns N' Roses wants to be taken down to the paradise city where the grass is green and the girls are pretty. I have to admit. It sounds kind of nice. Maybe I would want to go there.

There you have it. Based on the aforementioned names of celebrity I was able to learn a lot about myself. Everything about my life makes sense now. I can die without any questions. With that being said, here are a few famouse people that have died on the day I was born:

St. Photius I the Great (891)
Prince Alfred of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha (1899)
Emilio Aguinaldo (1964)

No comments:

Post a Comment