Friday, October 22, 2010

October 22: The Toto SanaGloss

The Toto SanaGloss has it all: Prestige, style, and comfort. And with the industry's only integrated glaze, its ceramic possesses a super-smooth, ionized barrier which repels particulates that tend to cling and build on more conventional surfaces. Bacteria, debris, and mold don't stand a chance on the naturally clean exterior and interior. Less water is used, fewer harmful sanitizing chemicals are needed, and the environment can breathe a sigh of relief with every flush.

When young adults make plans to visit parents, they look forward to the home-cooked meals and the freshly laundered bedsheets. Some bring hampers of dirty laundry while others bring grocery lists. Girls look forward to being with daddies and boys look forward to a warm motherly hug. I look forward to sitting on the Toto SanaGloss.

Few people are as particular about their toilets as I am; and I'm not kidding. I do a lot of sitting on the porcelain throne and if it isn't comfortable, I can get cranky. I'm only twenty-seven-years-old, but I've done enough research in the field to know what's important. Today, I've done you the favor of listing those priorities. Keep in mind that these are my preferences, but I'm confident the average person can appreciate them as well. You're welcome.

For me, the first prime concern in a good toilet is that it be an elongated bowl. It's hard to turn the pages of a 700-page novel with one hand while the other is holding my plums out of the water and away from the front, inside rim. You don't always know who sat there before you did. Sure, the thing looks clean, but even mothers and fathers can cause back splash. I just assume keeping as far away from that front area as possible. With a round bowl, this is virtually impossible, but with an elongated one, those worries are for the past.

You can have an elongated toilet, but if the seat isn't right, forget about it. If the seat is too flat and doesn't have any form, the inside edges can dig sharply into the sides of your buttocks causing extreme discomfort and red lines; quite embarrassing if you plan on mooning anyone within the next ten minutes. A good seat will curve in around the entire edge for maximum comfort.

I wasn't even aware of a "slow hinged seat cover" until my dad installed my Toto a few years ago and I have to say, it is pretty nice. What is a slow hinged seat cover, you ask? How many times have you gone to close the lid of your toilet only to have it slip out of your grip and slam close with a deafening crash? Imagine standing after reading a chapter of your latest book and being able to simply reach behind you and tap the cover down. Instead of slamming, the hinge catches the lid and slowly and quietly lowers it to rest on the seat. Bliss.

Speaking of bliss, the flush is bliss. Short, strong, swift, and quiet. One powerful whoosh and it's over. The tank refills itself silently so waking loved ones, roommates, and the neighbors is also a thing of the past. I never hear it running for no reason. I never worry my deposit won't depart. The toilet simply does what it's supposed to do; flush.

If you're in the market for a new toilet, let me recommend the Toto SanaGloss. It's ionized glaze keeps the surface clean and its elongated bowl keeps your junk cleaner. Not only does it remain sterilized, but to merely sit on the seat allows for a serene and comfortable experience. To have these two features would normally be enough, but the Toto adds the slow hinge seat cover and a flawless flush to make it the superior toilet for every lavatory escapade. Coming home just became a bit more enjoyable.

1 comment: